Coming off a very busy year of covering SPHS Cardinals boys’ and girls’ basketball (over 40 games broadcast including a trip to state), the Sun Prairie Media Center will be broadcasting a select group of SPHS Cardinal baseball and softball games beginning Monday, April 16.
“For the first time last year, we were able to broadcast some SPHS boys’ baseball games, and we received a tremendous response to those broadcasts,” said SPMC director Jeff Robbins. “We were even able to go to Grand Chute to cover the entirety of the Cardinals involvement in the state tournament, which of course ended with a heartbreaking loss to Kimberly in the championship game. We are looking forward to doing radio broadcasts again this year and hopefully following the Cardinals back to the state tournament.”
Coverage is set to be called by James Wyngaard, an announcer who called games last year, including those tournament games at Grand Chute. “James is flat-out awesome on the radio,” said Robbins. “He is knowledgeable, knows the players, knows the stats, and is a delight to listen to. We’re thrilled to continue to work with James.”
Unlike last year, half of the games that 103.5 FM is set to broadcast will be road games. “The nice thing about broadcasting home games is you get the buzz of the home crowd,” said Robbins. “The nice thing about broadcasting away games is making the harder-to-get-to games available to fans here in Sun Prairie.”
Regular-season games scheduled to be broadcast on 103.5 The Sun Community Radio include:
· Friday, April 27, at Madison East @ 4:30 PM (softball)
· Saturday, April 28, versus Kenosha Tremper @ 11 AM (baseball)
· Monday, April 30, versus Madison East @ 5 PM (baseball)
· Thursday, May 3, at Madison Memorial @ 5 PM (baseball)
· Friday, May 4, versus Oak Creek @ 6 PM (softball)
· Monday, May 7, at Watertown @ 5 PM (softball)
· Thursday, May 17, versus Verona @ 5 PM (softball)
· Friday, May 18, versus Antigo @ 5 PM (baseball)
· Thursday, May 24, at Madison LaFollette (Warner Park) @ 5 PM (baseball)
For more information or for potential sponsorship opportunities, please call the SPMC at 608-837-4193 or e-mail Jeff Robbins.