Sun Prairie High School Sports
SPMC is proud to be offering coverage of spring 2021 sports, including football, girls’ volleyball, and boys’ soccer. Check the current schedule here, get your Game Day face on, and then tune in to watch live or on demand Go Cardinals!
Here is the schedule for 2021 spring sports coverage:
- Tuesday, March 2, 6 PM. Girls Volleyball vs. DeForest. KIDS-4.
- Tuesday, March 9, 7 PM. Girls Volleyball vs. Janesville Craig. KIDS-4.
- Thursday, March 11, 7 PM. Girls Volleyball vs. Verona. KIDS-4.
- Wednesday, March 17, 7 PM. Girls’ Volleyball vs. Middleton. KIDS-4.
- Tuesday, March 23, 6:30 PM. Girls Volleyball vs. Beloit Memorial. KSUN.
- Thursday, March 25, 6 PM. Girls Volleyball vs. Janesville Parker. KSUN.
- Friday, March 26, 7 PM. Football vs. Verona. KSUN.
- Tuesday, March 30, 7 PM. Girls Volleyball vs. Verona. KSUN.
- Tuesday, March 30, 7 PM. Boys’ Soccer vs. Racine Case. Tape delay.
- Thursday, April 1, 7 PM. Football vs. Beloit Memorial. KSUN.
- Thursday, April 1, 7 PM. Boys Soccer vs. Verona. Tape delay.
- Thursday, April 1, 7 PM. Girls Volleyball vs. Middleton. KIDS-4.
- Monday, April 5, 6 PM. Girls Volleyball vs. Appleton North. KIDS-4.
- Tuesday, April 6, 7 PM. Boys Soccer vs. Madison East. KIDS-4.
- Thursday, April 8, 7 PM. Girls Volleyball vs. Oshkosh West. KIDS-4.
- Thursday, April 8, 7 PM. Boys Soccer vs. Janesville Craig. Tape delay.
- Friday, April 9, 7 PM. Football vs. Middleton. KSUN.
- Tuesday, April 13, 7 PM. Boys Soccer vs. Beloit Memorial. KIDS-4.
- Thursday, April 15, 7:30 P. Boys Soccer vs. Middleton. KIDS-4.
- Friday, April 16, 7 PM. Football vs. Verona. KSUN.
- Monday, April 19, 7 PM. Boys Soccer vs. Beaver Dam. KIDS-4.
- Tuesday, April 20, 7 PM. Boys Soccer vs. Janesville Parker. KIDS-4.
- Thursday, April 22, 7 PM. Boys Soccer vs. Madison Memorial. Tape delay.
- Thursday, April 22, 7 PM. Boys Soccer vs. Neenah. KIDS-4.
- Friday, April 23, 7 PM. Football vs. Beloit Memorial. KSUN.
- Saturday, April 24, 1 PM. Boys Soccer vs. Stoughton. KSUN.
- Tuesday, April 27, 7 PM. Boys Soccer vs. Madison West. KSUN.
- Friday, April 30, 7 PM. Football vs. Middleton. KSUN.
- Thursday, April 29, 7 PM. Boys Soccer vs. McFarland. KSUN.
- Thursday, May 6, 7 PM. Football vs. Janesville Craig. KSUN.
To sponsor SPMC coverage of Cardinal sports, please fill out this sponsorship form.
Talk of the Town
‘Talk of the Town’ features two of Sun Prairie’s newsmakers, Chris Mertes, Managing Editor of the The Star and Don Hooser, long-time former Alder-person. Programs include interviews with guests involved in local government, service groups and city departments. Watch as Chris Mertes and Don Hooser take on issues that face Sun Prairie.
To view archived episodes contact Sun Prairie Media Center at 608-837-4193 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the generosity of the producers, episodes will be provided free of charge on a USB drive. Click here to order online.
A Man, A Mouse, The Magic
A Man, A Mouse, The Magic is a show devoted to all things Disney! Mark Gonwa and Tom Weber, your hosts for A Man, A Mouse, The Magic, share their passion for Disney with insightful features about news, character biographies, in-depth topics about Disney, hidden Mickeys and much more. Fun for Disney fans of all ages!
Spine Chilling Cinema
“Spine Chilling Cinema” featuring Sun Prairie’s own horror host Oliver “The Caretaker” Collins and his co-host Alice, bringing you classic horror, thrillers and everything in-between to chill the spine ! Some films are good and some…well should be buried. Either way grab the popcorn, turn off the lights (if you dare) and enjoy “Spine Chilling Cinema”!!
Inside Your City with Aaron and Chris
City Administrator Aaron Oppenheimer and Star Editor Chris Mertes have the latest news, events, updates from council, and interviews with the folks that make Sun Prairie run. In each episode Aaron spotlights a guest to share their role in the Sun Prairie community.
Planning to go to the movies? Check out our own weekly movie review program “Reel Reviews” first! In this show, movie critics and hosts Jamison Rabbitt and Mike Roth catch viewers up on the latest movies released to theater as well as classic “throwback” films worthy of buying or streaming. Watch this weekly program to see what scores Jamison and Mike give to the new releases.
NewsDesk has become one of the most popular news magazine programs on public television. Hosts Jason Miller and Dr. David Arfa bring you in-depth analysis of national and international news giving viewers a better understanding of the real meaning behind the headline. NewsDesk is the recipient of the prestigious ‘Best of the Midwest Community Television Award 2014.’
Chamber Business Spotlight
The Sun Prairie Chamber of Commerce shines the spotlight on a different member business wach month. Ann Smith, Sun Prairie Chamber of Commerce Executive Director, sits down with each guest to learn how they got involved in the business, what they offer the community of Sun Prairie, their services and/or products, current projects or goals and more.
Every month Ann Smith and Brook Vechinski update the community on the latest happenings at the Chamber of Commerce. They share Chamber news, programs and events for the upcoming month.
Colonial Club Commentator
‘Colonial Club Commentator’ has been a long standing program on KSUN which provides a look at recent events and upcoming programs at the Colonial Club. The show’s host, Pat Campbell, provides interesting commentary on the Sun Prairie senior scene.
‘Living History’ is a series that conveys a sense of everyday life in the history of the guest. Host Pat Campbell encourages local residents to share their life, experience and background with us.
Sun Prairie Municipal Court
Municipal Judge Tom Hebl bring years of experience to the courtroom. This program offers insight to how the local court system operates and what to expect if you are ever called into the courtroom! Tune in to KSUN, cable channel 983 for a live broadcast every Wednesday at 9:00am, replays Thursday evenings at 7:30am.
Sun Prairie Area School District Meetings
Sun Prairie Area School District Meetings
Check the schedule online and in The Star for air times.
SPASD Board of Education meetings are typically held on the 2nd Monday (at the District Office) and 4th Monday (at City Hall) of each month. Meetings will generally start at 6 PM, but please check the District website or Board Docs for the most updated information on location and timings.
Sun Prairie City Meetings
Watch Sun Prairie City Meetings live on KSUN. Rebroadcasts of the meetings generally air on Thursday and Sunday evenings. Check the schedule for exact times.
Finance Committee, Personnel Committee and Public Works Committee (once a month on Tuesdays prior to Committee of the Whole).
Committee of the Whole Tuesdays at 5:30pm
Common Council 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month at 7:00pm
Plan Commission 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7:00pm
Additional meetings and air times can be found on the KSUN schedule.
Local church services air every Sunday morning beginning at 8:00am.
Sacred Hearts – 8:00am
Peace Lutheran – 9:00am
Bethlehem Lutheran – 10:00am
Sun Prairie United Methodist – 11:00am
Victory Center Church – 12:30pm